The Perfect Bug Screen Door
Here’s what you need to know:
- The company is Yotache and the product is Custom Magnetic Screen Door
- You have to make a custom order through their website (not Amazon).
- Custom orders will cost more (mine cost about $75 for a high roof ProMaster).
- There are no refunds on Custom orders, so make sure you get the measurements correct the first time.
- It comes from China, so delivery takes about 3 to 4 weeks.
- They include instructions, Velcro strips, thumb tacks, etc…
- Installation is super easy.
- When you take measurements, you are including the “frame.” For my ProMaster 2500 159″ wheelbase high roof van, I ordered the screen door with a width of 53 inches and a height of 70 inches. You will definitely want to take measurements on your own van.
The Velcro strips have adhesive, so I just applied them around the black gasket on the inside of the van door. For the top corners, I did not need to do anything and just let them overlap naturally.
For the bottom, I just let fiberglass screen door drape down below the floor about an inch. The only real tricky part is the bottom corners. I just tucked them in, but you could use superglue if you need extra support.
After months and months of researching, all of my patience and persistence paid off! This is a premium looking (and operating) bug screen door for less than $80. In fact, it’s the #1 compliment I get from people on my van. It’s a fair price, high quality materials, magnetic open/close for easy access, easy to install, and easy to remove when you don’t need it.
I forgot to mention one other bonus feature. You can keep the screen doors open if you want because they will magnetically stick to the sides of the van. This also allows you to easily access your drop-down table if you have one.